Saturday 9 December 2017

Super Rainbow Florets



I am completely enamoured with this Rainbow Lizbeth thread. Amazon makes the world a much better place. The colours work absolutely perfectly within this adaptation of Muskaan's Layered Extension of Simplicity.
Her post about central picots and This Way or Tat series is fantastic, and has a brilliant explanation of the central picot. For my long picot, I measured back 5 double stitches. Unfortunately, it doesn't disappear because the colours are just too awesome. These photos do not do it justice.

Work with shuttle and ball, preferably starting from a continuous thread. I tied one of these first, but I don't like the knot. Better to loop together to get started, then knot on the backside and thread the tails in.

R1: 8 long picot 8 (I measured back along my work 5 ds)
C1: 4-4
R2: 8+8
Join all of the rings to the central picot, I use larks head joins.
Repeat C1, R2 for a total of 8 rings, and a complete round of chains.

These could be so fun with some beads, but I was just enjoying the colours.



Pieces shown tatted with Lizbeth #20 in Rainbow Splash #184.

No comments:

Post a Comment